Hi all! This weekend we are headed to Gainesville for the Florida v. Arkansas football game! Let me just make one thing clear… I AM NOT A GATORS FAN. I AM AN OHIO STATE BUCKEYES FAN! FOREVER. I am just going to support the BF.
Anywho, football games mean one thing: tailgating! However, most tailgates include lots of alcohol and unhealthy food. In order to reach my goals here are some healthy tailgating tips I’ve come up with:
Lulus Healthy Tailgating Tips:
- Save a cheat for the tailgate. I’ve been eating really clean all week, so I think I will treat myself to one cheat on Saturday. I will make sure to limit it to one thing though to avoid a binge. The worst thing that could happen is to just throw all your hard work away and let completely loose. Keep yourself in check with one cheat and SAVOR it!
- Plan healthy meals and snacks. I plan on bringing some hard boiled eggs, raw veggies, nuts and quest bars!
- Have a healthy meal before the tailgate and drink a lot of water so you don’t feel hungry or tempted.
- If you do choose to eat the food, try to load your plate with protein and veggies if available.
- Eat one plate of food, but don’t go back for seconds. Wait a little bit to see if you are actually hungry or just tempted by all the food around you.
- Limit alcohol. Alcohol has lots of empty calories. Be careful, drink lots of water and dont drink too much!
- If you bring an item for the tailgate here are some ideas to bring:
Hummus and raw veggies or pita chips
Salad with olive oil and balsamic
Happy tailgating and have a great weekend!
Prosper and be in good health,